Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Did You Know; Shift Happens - Globalization; Information Age



I've actually watched this video before in my Communications class in high school, this is a newer version though with newer info. It is still as amazing as the first time I viewed it. It makes me feel privileged to be a part of such brilliant change and advancement, but at the same time insignificant when you realize just how small you are on the global scale of things. A computer is going to be able to do more than my fully developed brain (meaning I cant get smarter, but the computer can). It almost brings memories of that Arnold Scwarzanegger movie a few years back where machines revolted and took over the planet. So to me, on one hand Im very curious to the changes, but also very cautious and even concerned at some of the technologies we are trusting.

1 comment:

  1. It's almost scary contemplating computers getting smarter than their (human)creators. If that happens, like that Schwarzenegger movie, its going to be the scenario of life imitating art.

    ReplyDelete