Friday, October 8, 2010

Zam Tune of the Week

My musical tastes were somewhat concentrated when I was younger. I didn't buy many CD's and didn't own an mp3 player until recently when I got my first Ipod like 2 years ago. I listened to a lot of older rock and some hip-hop songs my friends were into more than me. Now that I have my own computer and money to buy CD's and MP3's, I've been exposed to a lot more music. I have to say I have a lot of appreciation for the Indie Rock genre, there are a lot of unsigned and signed artists/bands who are extremely talented and able to connect with people on a deeper level than the commercialized music on the radio. With the influence of some of my friends who put me on to the whole music scene, I've done my own research and found artists (some big names, some not so popular but still rock out) who I think have something unique and more authentic than "FM" music. Many of these artists deploy an intensely emotional substance in their music and lyrics. The artist I chose this week was a pretty popular band to those who follow the specified genre of rock music. I chose the band "Thursday" since I'm relatively new to their music and have been playing their albums on repeat in my car while driving throughout the DC Metro area. Below is a video & link of one of their concerts, performing the song "Autobiography of a Nation" live. If you're familiar with the band let me know your opinions of them, and if not familiar, let me know what you think of this particular song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuTAeAlKPwo

Here is the studio version for those who are hearing impaired. Or just cant understand the lyrics and want to read along like a karaoke bar. Either way, put your reading glasses on and turn the volume up grandma! ;-p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u6cB_5fXEQ

No comments:

Post a Comment